Find all current vacancies at Ofqual and how to apply.
Want to know more about working at Ofqual? Rebecca Hadley talks about the work we do and the opportunity for you to contribute.
- IT Support Officer, Infrastructure. Closes 9 December 2016.
IT Support Officer, Infrastructure
- Salary range of £22,000 to £25,500, grade EO
- Full time, permanent position
- Based in Coventry
- Closing date for completed applications is noon on 9 December 2016
Ofqual is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all parts of the community.
How to apply
Expenses incurred by candidates during the recruitment process will not be reimbursed.
Ofqual regulates qualifications, exams and assessments in England. We’re here to secure the standards of qualifications, to promote confidence in them and to ensure that the system works well – that standards are maintained. We’ve a big job to do in a complex and changing sector. It’s a challenging and exciting time.
We are looking for an IT support officer to work in the infrastructure support team. We have recently migrated our IT infrastructure to the cloud and Office 365. Office 365 and Sharepoint are the mainstay of our business applications.
- providing a single point of contact through a variety of channels including helpdesk portal, telephone and email
- taking calls, resolving tickets and triaging to relevant teams
- delivering a professional level of support and a high level of first line resolution
- being involved in carrying out initial troubleshooting and diagnostics
You will have solid Windows experience, utilising support in Office 365 and its various Apps including CRM, Active Directory, Windows 10, Office 2016 and Windows Server 2012. We will be asking you to identify and recognise known and new bugs, and escalate to the relevant team for further investigation.
This is fantastic opportunity to get to use your knowledge and skills in an ever changing environment, so if you feel you have the right background to help us, head over to our website for more details and how to apply.
What we offer
Salary range of £22,000 to £25,500
All positions are full time, 36 hours per week and benefits include a government pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, development opportunities, employee well-being programmes and other benefits.
To apply for this post please complete the online application linked above. If you have any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to apply we will confirm receipt of your application.
Do you have the right to work in the UK?
The law is continually under review by the Home Office and UK Border Agency so please check you meet the requirements before you apply.
Civil Service nationality rules
Civil Service nationality rules determine who Ofqual can open posts to.
You are eligible to apply if you are a:
- UK national
- Commonwealth citizen,
- national of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Swiss or Turkish national (subject to certain restrictions).
Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals who are not themselves EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals, are also eligible.
If you would like any more information please contact us.